Licensed by: Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs  |  مرخصة من: وزارة التربية والتعليم - شؤون التعليم العالي

Apply Now

or Please send your resume to or

Frequently Asked Question

Where is the City University College of Ajman located?
We are located in Ajman, Sheikh Ammar Road, Al Tallah 2.

What degrees does CUCA offer ?

We offer a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with specializations: Finance and Accounting, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Human Resources Management, Management and Information System and Marketing. Master of Business Administration with specializations: Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Islamic Finance, Marketing, and Total Quality Management.

We also offer Bachelor of Law (Arabic), Bachelor of Business Administration – Human Resource Management (Arabic), Bachelor of Public Relations and Advertising (Arabic), and Professional Diploma in Teaching (Arabic).

What are the office timings?
We are open on weekdays Sunday to Thursday from 9:30 am – 9:30 pm and on Weekend Friday & Saturday from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm

What documents are needed for admission?
You need to complete the application form which is available at the Admissions Department and attach the following documents to it:

  • An official transcript of the secondary school certificate attested by the Ministry of Education for the holders of UAE high school certificate (Advanced and General stream) with a score of at least 60%
  • A copy of your Valid passport
  • A copy of valid government identity card
  • A copy of valid visa for UAE residents
  • A complete copy of Khulasat Al Qaid (UAE National Family Book) for UAE Nationals
  • Four recent passport-size photographs
  • For other high school curriculums, attested official transcript along with equivalency letter must be provided.
  • Below attestations for the international students from their countries:
  • Ministry of education/ higher education
  • Ministry of foreign affairs
  • UAE embassy
  • Equivalency Letter from Ministry of Education in UAE

The applicant should provide a TOEFL administered at CUCA, or IELTS or its equivalent as required by the program

For the Bachelor of Human Resources Management (Arabic) and Public Relations and Advertising (Arabic), the applicant should provide a TOEFL certificate with a minimum score of 45 (iBT) or 450 (paper-based) administered at CUCA, or obtain a minimum score of Band 4.5 overall on the IELTS.

Does CUCA require TOEFL score for Law program?
No. The TOEFL is not required for Law program.

Does CUCA require SAT score?
No. The SAT is not required.

Is the GED secondary certificate accepted?
No. The GED is not accepted for programs accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.

Does CUCA have an entrance exam?
Students who do not have the minimum required score of TOEFL or IELTS or its equivalent must take TOEFL test in CUCA.

When can I take the TOEFL exam?
You can take the entrance exam once you apply to the College and complete the admission process.

Am I required to take a mathematics placement test?
No. Mathematics placement test is not required.

If I graduated from an English medium high school, do I need to submit TOEFL or IELTS results?
Yes. TOEFL or IELTS or its equivalent scores are required for all students as required by the program.

Which TOEFL or IELTS type is accepted and what is the score?
For the BBA degrees in English, the applicant should provide a TOEFL result certificate with a minimum score of 61 (iBT) or 500 (paper-based) administered at CUCA, or obtain a minimum score of Band 5.0 overall on the IELTS.

For the Bachelor of Human Resources Management (Arabic) and Public Relations and Advertising (Arabic), the applicant should provide a TOEFL certificate with a minimum score of 45 (iBT) or 450 (paper-based) administered at CUCA, or obtain a minimum score of Band 4.5 overall on the IELTS.

If my high school average is below the minimum required by CUCA for admission, what options do I have to get admitted?
If your high school average is below than 60% , you are required to take the Foundation Program for one year .  After you complete the Foundation Program, you will be eligible to register for the degree program.

What documentation is required to transfer my credits from another university?
You are required to submit an official (sealed) transcript and course syllabi from the institution you attended previously. Your cumulative GPA (CGPA) should not be below 2.0 and only the courses with a grade C or higher will be considered for evaluation.

What discounts or scholarships are available for students?

The college offers different scholarships, please visit the below link.

Category Discount
Government 15% of the 1st Semester Only
Sibling 20% of the total program fees
Merit (90%) 10% of the total program fees

Are these discounts or scholarships available every semester?
The brothers, sisters, and spouses discount will continue if they register in the same semester.

If I am a transfer student, am I allowed to apply for a scholarship?

What will happen if I apply and pay the non-refundable admission fees and decide to postpone my enrollment?
Applicants can postpone admission only for one semester, and no need to pay the admission fees again.

What are the deadlines for submitting applications?
You are welcome to apply at any time before the beginning of a semester, but we recommend that you apply at least one month before the beginning of any semester.

What are CUCA tuition fees?
For more information please click here.

How do I register?
After the admission process is complete, and the TOEFL test results are announced, you will meet with your academic advisor to select the courses and then complete the payment process through the Accounts department. The Registrar office will then provide you with the class schedule.

When can I meet my advisor?
You can meet with your advisor before and during registration to determine the courses you will take and monitor your academic performance.

How many semesters are there in the academic year?
There are two semesters, fall and spring, plus two summer sessions.

How many courses can I register for in a semester?
Regular semesters (fall and spring):
3 – 5 courses, (9 – 15 credit hours).
3 to 6 courses, (9 to 18 credit hours) for full-time students
2  or 3 courses, (6 to 9 credit hours) for part-time students

Summer sessions:
1-2 Courses, (3-6 credit hours)

Where can I find out my exam results?
The first, second and midtermexam results can be taken from the instructor.

When will the final grades be released?
Final grades are normally announced 48 hours after exams are conducted.

What textbooks do I need to buy?
The required textbooks are shown on each course syllabus. The instructor distributes the syllabus on the first day of class.

Where can I buy textbooks?
You can purchase textbooks from CUCA book shop.

What should I do if I fail a course?
You should register for this course again and pay the fees in full.

What is the refund policy after registration?
Application and Admission Fees are non-refundable.

  • Full refund for dropped courses before program commencement – (Fall & Spring semesters).
  • Two thirds (2/3) of total tuition fee can be refunded for dropped courses during the first week of classes – (Fall & Spring semesters).
  • No refund for dropped courses after the first week of program commencement – (Fall& Spring semesters).
  • No refund for Summer I and II neither before the semester start, nor during add & drop period.

What payment options do I have?
Students should pay at least one third of the total semester amount in cash, and should provide three post-dated checks. The due date of the last check must be before the final exams.

Where do I get a copy of my course syllabus?
The instructor will distribute the course syllabus on the first day of class.

Where do I get a copy of my study plan?
You can download it from the CUCA website.

What is the process to withdraw from a course?
Students must meet with their academic advisor and complete the withdrawal form. This form is then submitted to the Registration office, where the refund policy will be applied.

Is attendance compulsory?
Yes, attendance is compulsory. Students who miss 25% of classes will be forced to withdraw from a course.

What does probation mean?
A student whose cumulative GPA falls below 2.0 by the end of the second semester، or any subsequent semester، is placed on academic probation.

What is required to get out from the probation??
Students on academic probation are expected to raise their CGPA to at least 2.0 in the following two semesters and may not register for more that 12 credit hours.

What is the enforced withdrawal policy?
Aside from voluntary withdrawal from a course, a faculty member may require a student to withdraw from a course as a result of failure to complete required assignment, low attendance, or misconduct. A mark W, WP or WF will be awarded, based on the date of withdrawal and student performance.

What facilities are available for students?
Campus facilities include a library, well-equipped computer labs, on-campus Wi-Fi, cafeteria, [Student Center], male and female prayer rooms, and ample study space.

Does CUCA provide transportation?
Yes, transportation service is available. Please visit the below link.

Does CUCA provide visas?
Yes, CUCA provides a student visa.